The Essex Westford School District was established in 2017 and serves approximately 4,500 preschool through 12th grade students across three communities: Essex Town, Essex Junction and Westford. We employ approximately 950 full-time and part-time employees. Our District's Vision Statement is as follows:
"Growing hearts and minds for a better today and tomorrow: every day, every way, every one."
Below is a outline of our District's Values and Aspirations:
- Each student is an engaged and inspired learner.
- Each student is challenged by a rigorous, well-balanced, proficiency-based curriculum.
- Each student has access to personalized learning and opportunities to pursue individual interests and curiosities.
- Each student is prepared for success in college or further study and for employment in a fulfilling career.
- Each student cares about and has knowledge to care for their own health, wellness, and maintains balance.
- Everyone belongs, has a role, contributes, feels safe, demonstrates gratitude, and is respected.
- Each individual is recognized and accepted for his/her uniqueness and beliefs, there is value in every voice, and everyone communicates honestly and respectfully.
- Each student is supported by highly qualified and caring educational leaders, educators and staff.
- Growth-mindset is fostered throughout the system.
- Student voice is valued and aspirations are cultivated.
- Each member is a contributing global citizen who respects the diversity, seeks to understand different perspectives, acknowledges and values differences.
If you share these values and aspirations, we encourage you apply to any position we post in which you are qualified.