Position: Classroom Teacher (6-12)
Pay Grade: Contract
Duty Days: 187
Salary: KISD Current Staff Compensation Plan for Teachers
• ESL Endorsement required for secondary English Language Arts (ELA) teachers. :
• Sheltered Instruction Training is required for Science, Social Studies, and Math Teachers.
• Valid Texas Teacher’s Certificate.
• Must present proof of passing both the reading and the writing portion of the Texas Examination of Current Administrators and Teachers (TECAT) or the reading and writing portions of (TASP) Texas Academic Skills Proficiency Test if your Texas certificate was issued prior to 1986. Texas certificates issued since 1986 are issued based upon
• Applicants with an out of state certificate must successfully pass the Texas Examination of Educator Standards (TExES) within twelve months from the date of employment.
• If you are new to the teaching profession or are teaching elementary students EC-6 for the first time, you must follow the new guidelines set forth by the United States Department of Education (USDE) regarding the Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) status of elementary teachers EC-6. This ruling affects teachers who are new
• Special Education teachers to the profession as of the 2009-2010 school year. If applying for an elementary EC-6 opening, an applicant who has just the 4-8 mathematics, 4-8 Mathematics, 4-8 Science, 4-8 ELA, 4-8 Reading, or 4-8 Social Studies certificate must now have passed one of the following TExES exams: EC-4 Generalist, 4-8 Generalist or EC-6 Generalist. For HQT purposes, the TEA is allowing the EC-4 TExES Generalist test to count as HQ for teachers who teach 6th graders. new
• Elementary Art, Music, and PE positions require specific certification in
• Secondary Teachers,
• Applicants going through an Alternative Certification plan must show proof of passing the content exam and meet the guidelines mentioned above. You must be eligible for a
• Photocopies of SBEC certificate and test
• Direct and evaluate the learning experiences of the pupils in all activities sponsored by the school, and provide guidance to the pupil in which promote his welfare and his proper educational development. :
• Maintain accurate pupil accounting records in compliance with local and state requirements.
• Administer the classroom and its program of organization and management, and to provide for the care and protection of school property and to be held accountable for all equipment issued to him/her.
• Participate in the planning and evaluation of the school program, and to work cooperatively with the department head in the development of techniques and in the improvement of instruction.
• Keep abreast of scholarly productions and research studies in the field of teaching, and to take part in the staff development program of the school.
• Participate in the business and professional activities of the faculty and maintain cordial and workable relationships with other members of the staff.
• Develop rules and regulations for the management of the classroom, with the approval of the principal, and enforce
• Interpret the policies of the school to parents and other patrons, and to execute the Board of Trustees and administrative policies within the classroom and the community.
• Perform all other duties assigned by the principal.
• Report to the principal.
•Maintain emotional control under stress.
• Works with frequent interruptions
• Occasional irregular hours.
• Preparation of materials may involve the packing, moving and lifting of equipment and supplies.
• Repetitive actions A select number of applicants will be invited for an interview. Only persons with the above credentials and background will be considered.
• The Klein Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex in the educational programs or activities which it operates and is an equal opportunity employer.