Severe Special Needs Teacher 18-22 1.0 FTE
Severe Special Education Teacher
• Adapts classroom work for the purpose of providing students with instructional materials that address individualized learning plans within established lesson plans.
• Administers developmental testing programs, subject specific assessments, etc. for the purpose of assessing student competency levels and/or developing individual educational program.
• Administers, under supervision, crisis de-escalation, first aid and assistance to medically fragile children (e.g. tube feeding, toileting, etc.) for the purpose of providing appropriate care for children as assigned.
• Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
• Assesses student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals (e.g. behavioral, motor development and communication skills, academic needs, vocational abilities, etc.) for the purpose of providing feedback to students, parents and administration.
• Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
Coordinates private transportation on a daily basis and also maintain 7D Van driver's license
• Directs assistant teachers, student teachers, instructional assistants, volunteers and/or student workers for the purpose of providing an effective classroom program and addressing the needs of individual students.
• Experience working with adolescents and families struggling with complex ?social/emotional challenges including ASD.
Interface with helping professionals (OT, PT, SLP, & transition specialist and school psychologist.)
• Monitors students’ behavior/activities in a variety of educational environments for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
• Participates in and/or coordinates a variety of meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
• Prepares a variety of written materials for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
• Reports incidents for the purpose of maintaining personal safety of students, providing a positive learning environment.
• Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
• Responds to inquiries from a variety of sources for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information and/or direction.
Reviews and conducts assessments identify learning, social, psychological, ADL and transitional challenges of assigned students.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work effectively with students, parents, colleagues and community members. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. A bachelor's degree and a Massachusetts teaching license in special education are required. A master's degree is preferred.
Salary: Appropriate step and lane on the teachers' salary scale
Concord Public Schools and Concord-Carlisle High School are seeking diverse and culturally competent educators.
It is the policy of the Concord Public Schools and Concord-Carlisle Regional School District not to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national origin, gender identity, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, criminal record, genetics, or disability in its employment practices.