Special Education Teacher Temporary Position
2019-2020 (December 2019- June 2020)
(potential for a successor contract, call Human Resources with inquiries)
Falmouth High School
- Massachusetts licensure:Teacher of Students with Moderate Disabilities (5-12)
- SEI endorsement, preferred
- Master's degree with an emphasis in Special Education preferred.
- Demonstrated experience as a special education teacher of a substantially separate program.
- Experience with the use of specialized teaching techniques used with special education students.
- Ability to design or modify curriculum, instructional materials, and classroom environments for students with disabilities.
- Ways to prepare and maintain students with disabilities for and in general education classrooms; for example, use of behavioral management principles and use of teaching and learning techniques.
- Such other alternatives as the Superintendent of Schools may deem acceptable and appropriate
- Aid in evaluating and diagnosing learning disabilities.
- Work with other special needs staff, specialists, and administrative personnel in developing viable programs for special education students.
- Evaluate and diagnose language/learning, social/emotional and, neurological disabilities using appropriate testing instruments.
- Work in concert with members of the Evaluation TEAM to develop and write an educational plan.
- Work with building staff to mainstream students with the entire student body as much as possible on an individual basis.
- Complete evaluation and progress reports, educational plan information, and other data as required by local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Responsible for ongoing diagnostic/prescriptive programming for children with disabilities.
- Assist classroom teachers in the implementation of modifications for inclusionary practices.
- Work with teaching assistants to facilitate programming for the students.
- Continue to grow in the position through attendance at meetings, conferences, seminars, through readings in professional literature, and through enrollment in college or university courses.
- Such other responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned by the Principal, Director of Student Services and the Special Education Building Administrator.
Salary: In accordance with FEA contract.
APPLICATION: Please apply until filled to:
Falmouth Public Schools: www.falmouth.k12.ma.us
Lori Duerr, Ed.D. Superintendent of Schools
REPOST START DATE: 12/3/2019
The School Committee affirms a policy which guarantees equal employment opportunity in the recruitment, application, selection, compensation, retention, transfer, promotion, benefits, work assignment and career progression process without discrimination for reasons of individual's race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, citizenship, military status, sexual orientation, disability or genetic information.
||Falmouth High School
||Special Ed Building Administrator