Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor's degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject
Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
One year student teaching or approved internship
As an full-time employee of Rockwall Independent School District:
- The District pays $361.00 towards health insurance premium for eligible employees through Teacher Retirement System (TRS).
- RISD pays the premium for a $15,000 term life insurance policy with Standard.
- The District offers a Flexible Benefit Plan.
Other policies the District offers:
* Flexible Spending Plan/Child Care Reimbursement
* Heath Saving Account
* Disability Income
* Term Life Insurance
* Permanent Life Insurance
* Cancer and Accident Supplemental Policies
* 403b and 457 Savings Plans
* Legal/Identity Theft Protection
* Long-Term Care