- Position Type:
Elementary School Teaching/Elementary Teacher (Elem Cert)
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
Position Summary: To plan, organize and implement an appropriate elementary instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. This vacancy seeks a candidate with experience or expertise in the delivery of elementary curriculum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with a diverse population of students in an urban setting
- Plan, prepare and deliver engaging lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules, expectations and procedures
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies
- Establish and communicate learning targets for all learning activities
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students in diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds
- Commitment to the success of all children
- Encourage parent and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answer emails
- Demonstrates success in collaborative teaching, managing a mixed ability classroom and facilitating performance based learning
- Participate in professional development
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal
- Must possess or be eligible for Connecticut Elementary Education certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to deliver elementary content. Familiarity with Teachers College Readers/Writers Workshop and Math Investigation preferred.
- Ability to relate successfully with staff, families and students from diverse backgrounds, experiences and skill levels.
- Demonstrated ability to implement differentiated instruction and build upon the strengths and challenges of a multi-cultural and multi-racial classroom/district.
Please make sure to complete an application at http://www.danbury.k12.ct.us.