||07/24/2020 05:00 PM
||High School Language Arts Classroom Teacher ESL Certified
|PAY SCHEDULE / GRADE:
Pay Grade - Teachers/Librarians/Nurses
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned
- ESL Certification required
- Knowledge of the subjects assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Multifaceted communicator with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Growth mindset
- Understands the use of data
- Completion of student teaching or approved internship
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist students in analyzing data to set personal goals and habits to achieve growth.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through summative and formative assessment and analyze data to inform instruction.
- Assume responsibilities for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Design and implement learning experiences that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles and needs.
- Create learning spaces that are conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Provide a safe learning environment.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with the CISD Classroom Management Framework, the Student Code of Conduct, and the Student Handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Work cooperatively with other educators to provide individualized instruction for special populations, reflective of student need, in accordance with district, state, and federal guidelines.
- Support students relative to their educational, personal, and social growth and development.
- Respect the cultures, backgrounds, and values of students and their families.
- Engage in a professional learning community to ensure success of all students.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Design and implement learning experiences in alignment with the district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Design clear, well-organized learning experiences within the broader scope of a unit to ensure success of all students
- Utilize the CISD Learning Framework and curriculum resources to design active and engaging learning experiences to promote learning as a lifelong process.
- Utilize digital devices as a tool for instruction, assessment, and evidence of learning.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication and positive working relationships with students, educators, administrators, and parents.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills.
Professional Growth and Development
- Set professional goals; seek out and participate in professional learning experiences to improve job-related skills.
- Collaborate with others.
- Set an example of and encourage socially acceptable behavior in the areas of appearance, communication, and behavior.
- Display emotional maturity and a positive attitude in contacts with students, parents, staff, and community.
- Model responsibility and good character.
- Possess physical competency necessary for performance of assignments.
- Adhere to the principles as listed in the Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators.
- Keep informed of, and comply with, state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom educators.
- Display dependability and punctuality in all assigned duties.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
- Attend and participate in campus meetings and serve on campus and district committees as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
Supervise assigned para-professionals and student aide(s)
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
Click 'Apply' and select 'Login' on page to apply.