Job Title: Elementary Teacher - 3rd Grade (0503)
Reports to: Principal
Dept. /School: Campus Assigned
Duty Days: 187 (2020 - 2021 School Year)
Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: A15/A20
Date Revised: 2/19
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned
ESL Certification required for all ELA teachers
Knowledge of subjects assigned
General knowledge of design and delivery issues related to alignment for best results in student achievement
Ability to deliver instruction and manage student behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Student teaching or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect accommodation for the individual needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning preferences and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Cooperate with other members of staff for planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Assist students in analyzing and improving study methods and habits.
- Consistently evaluate student achievement through formal and informal assessments and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Present positive role model for students.
- Support mission of the school district.
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior and administer discipline according to board policies, administrative regulations, and IEPs.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Communicate professionally to accurately and clearly present information.
- Participate in the district and campus staff development activities
- Actively participate in Professional Learning Communities.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Articulate the district’s mission and goals in areas of assigned responsibilities to the community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
- Demonstrate awareness of district/community needs and initiate activities to meet identified needs.
- Demonstrate the use of appropriate and effective techniques for community and parent involvement.
- Support classroom instruction through tutorials and study materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Computer, copier, document camera, iPad, computer tablet and other
specialized equipment that is particularly unique to the teaching assignment
Supervise assigned teacher aide(s) and student-teacher(s).
Physical demands/environment factors: May require standing for long periods of time Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of a computer. The position requires frequent bending, stooping, twisting, pulling, overhead reaching, sitting, and keyboarding. Position requires the ability to lift 25 pounds to waist high. Must have the ability to move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
Mental demands: Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); ability to instruct; maintain emotional control under stress.
||$55,500.00 - $75,662.00 / Per Year